Friday, November 25, 2011

A Clean and Simple Card

I have never really made a true clean and simple card before.

In my endeavours to try to stamp more often I am allowing myself to do what ever I feel like on my cards. I am a Stampin Up demo, but my customer base is low and I think I am turning into a hobby demo. So I am just going to enjoy the journey as they say.

I said all of that because I used Copic Markers to color my stamped image. Everything else is Stampin Up. I tried to copy the colors used in the DSP Paisley Petals with the colors I have in the markers. I do not own hundreds like some. But I do enjoy coloring tight spots with them like the stamped image on this card. I tried to moddle the inside of the big leaves like the paper but it did not quite come out like I had hoped but it still looks pretty good in my opinion.


The only other thing I did was to add the DSP on the bottom and punch it with the Scallop Border punch and I added some stitching with my white Signo Pen after I got it to work another neglected item that was found. Oh and I rounded the top of the card, again, something I seldom do but looks good here.



Stamps: Paisley Petals, Field Flowers

Paper: Whisper White, DSP Paisley Petals

Ink: Black, Copic Markers

Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Signo Pen, Corner Rounded Punch

No comments: