Monday, February 21, 2011

Thanks for Caring

As you may have picked up on in my previous posts we have been having alot of cold and snowy weather in our area. Last Friday a friend of the family was driving in a snow storm and lost his life.

My card share today is a sympathy card I am sending to his family.



I used the florish from Elements of Style to make a border across my card front. I then added the 5/8 ribbon to the bottom of the Crumb Cake. I stamped the sentiment and punched it out with the 2 1/2 " circle punch and cut a black circle to layer the sentiment on. I stamped and cut out the butterfly and popped it on top of the sentiment.



This is how I finished the inside. One nice thing about the clear stamps is being able to put two stamps on one block. Thus only having to stamp once instead of twice.

Thanks for stopping by.


Here's what I used:


Stamps:  Thanks for Caring, Elements of Style


Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Black


Ink: Black


Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, 5/8 Black Grograin Ribbon, 2 1/2 " circle punch

2 comments:

Teresa Hafso said...

Ahhh Peggy, this is just super beautiful. I better order this stamp set too! We should ask SU to keep this stamp set in the big catty for next year! Thanks for sharing

Kathy said...

How tragic , We had an older couple in our area that lost their lives in the cold. They were in their late 80's and their car went into a ditch , could not be seen from the road. They were found together not far from their car headed to a farmhouse. But no one knew where they were for days. Sorry I rambled -Your card is beautiful