Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Need to Miss Behave More Often!

Well yesterday I said to be quiet and don't tell because I was supposed to be working on the books. Well I did do that, but I also found some time to create another card in the process. A girl needs a change now and then don't you think. And, further more, it helped me to keep my mojo going.

I was sure that the Stampin Up set "Come to Bethlehem" was going to be a favourite of many. I sure found it easy to work with. It is a solid image set so you may need to rub it with the sand paper block to make sure you get a solid image. I have also heard that an eraser will do the same thing but I like the sanding block.



I stamped the image with Basic Black and used Crushed Curry for star. Any yellow would work but I had the Crushed Curry near by and used it. Then I first sponged Bashful Blue all over the image leaving the area around the star. Then I took Perfect Plum and then Night of Navy. I put more of the Night of Navy in the corners to make the image look more in the distance. Not sure if I succeeded but I think it looks ok. I then matted this onto a piece of Whisper White.

I made the snowflakes from the new Sizzex die Northern Frost layered them and adding one of Stampin Up's new Rhinestones. If your wondering where the center snowflake came from it was a piece that was in my junk drawer and I just added Dazzling Diamonds to it. I also add some Dazzling Diamonds to the centre of the other snowflakes to hide the dimensional.

For the sentiment I cut it out in a rectangle and then used my sanding block to round the edges. I punched out a word punch and used it to shade in around the sentiment then added some more rhinestones.

All this was layered on a piece of Concord Crush card stock which I stamped with the holly from Leaf Lines in Versa Mark and sponged the edges with Concord Crush.


Here's what I used:

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem, Leaf Lines

Paper: Card Base is Whisper White cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Whisper White rectangle for matting is cut at 2 5/8 x 4 1/2
Whisper White rectangle for stamping is cut at 2 1/2 x 4 3/8
Whisper White rectangle for sentiment is cut at 2 1/2 x 5/8

Scraps of white for snowflakes

The Concord Crush piece is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2


Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Perfect Plum, Night of Navy and Versa Mark

Accessories: Sanding Block, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals, Rhinestones and Sponges.

Thanks for Stopping By.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a beatuiful card.

Anonymous said...

Peggy this card is beautiful. I first found it on Sudsol then came here to see the details. I think I will be doing a version of this card for a Christmas Stamp-a-Stack I am planning. Thanks so much for sharing.
Krista Pomeroy