Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fast and Fabulous - Well Not Quite

What happened to the Sun Manitoba. Woke up this morning to dark clouds. While I do not mind the coolness I do like to see the Sun. Come Back Please.............

I was perusing Theresa's blog again last night "Crafting the Web" and came across another card that I really liked. As I have previously mentioned she designs for Gina K I believe. Anyway, wanting to use my Stampin Up stamps so I looked through my binder to see what I had, that would work for her flowers and the little butterflies, aren't they cute.

At first I was going to use Wonderful Watercolors which is retired but who cares but then I found Fast and Fabulous which is not retired yeah! The sentiment I already knew would come from Kind and Caring Thoughts such a great set so sad that it retired but the butterflies hummmm ............ were would I find those. Then my trusty binder showed me Branch Out again retired but it had the element I needed for the Butterflies. So long story short everything is retired except Fast and Fabulous.

I had to experiment to get the flowers to fall into place but thanks to the stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to place the flower pieces were I liked them. This is my first attempt at such a thing but I think I did pretty good. Would do it a little different if I were to do it again. To place the ribbon I cut a slit by one of the stems and threaded it through. I did find the grosgrain a little harder to tie in a bow compared to a satin but I only had grosgrain in Marina Mist. I used Pear Pizazz for the green sponging and Marnia Mist for the blue sponging. I stamped and colored two extra flowers and popped them up on top of the first stamped flower so that they could hang over the edge a little.







Here's what I used:

Stamps: Fast and Fabulous, Kind and Caring Thoughts, Branch Out


Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizazz, Black

Paper: Whisper White, Black

Card Base Whisper White, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Whisper White layer that was stamped on 3 5/8 x 4 1/2

Black Card Stock 3 7/8 x 4 5/8 approximately

Accessories: Copic Markers, Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon, Deminsionals, Sponges

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Barbra said...

this card is GORGEOUS. Great job on the coloring.

Allison Keller said...

I love your card! It's just gorgeous! I've been occupying myself looking at several of your cards but this was the first place I found I could comment! You are Really Talented and I admire your gift in crafting! I also love your card using Lovely As A Tree with the Woodgrain background! I'd love to know where you got your background woodgrain embossing folder? Also, I agree with you on your comment about retired stamp sets-"Who Cares"! It's so sad to not feel like you can use something because it is retired! There are too many gorgeous stamp sets! TFS! Your awesome!