Monday, September 6, 2010

Shhh Don't Tell Anyone!

Shh......... don't tell anyone, I am supposed to be doing book work but I wanted to play.



I don't do much Halloween but my stampers group is new this year and they want some Halloween at our next meeting. I pulled out some old stamp sets while I wait for my new ones so that I could get a feel of what I had and think of some new stuff.


I used the new Embossing Folder from Stampin Up with the Spider Web on it. Something I have noticed with the folders is you are better off to cut the card stock a little bigger than you want it to be in the end so that it does not shrink too much for your card. The embossing sometimes used up some of the card stock as our folders emboss very deeply. This is what I love about our quality.



This stamped image of the pot is from a retired set but the sentiment is from Grateful greeting which is still available. I punched a spider from a old punch I had and put some Crystal Effects
on it to make it a little bit scarier. I do not like spiders personally and this punch makes a great spider I have been spooked on more than one occasion with spiders that went flying never to be found until they pop up to scare you!




On the inside I used the sentiments from the retired set and sponged Daffodil Delight to highlight it.


Here's what I used:

Stamps: Haunting Halloween, Grateful Greeting

Paper: Pear Pizzaz, Concord Grape, Black, Whisper White, DSP Wicked Fun

Ink: Black, Concord Grape, Daffodil Delight



White Card base is 4 1/4 x 11

Black Layers was first cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 then embossed and trimmed to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8

Nestabilities were used for the two scalloped ovals as well as the plain oval.

Scrap piece of Whisper White for sentiment.

Accessories: Markers, Gel Pens, Stampin Demensionals, Nestabilities. Old Spider Punch, Large Oval Punch, Sponges



Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Wanda Johnson said...

Great card, Peggy! Love the idea of Crystal Effects on the spider. The rest of my day is going to be spent playing in my stamp room and Halloween is one of the things on the agenda. I'll have to try that - I so often forget about using Crystal Effects! TFS!