Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Because, I Care

Well I can not complain about the weather anymore, we have had two gorgeous days IMO some may say it has been cool, but I prefer cool to hot. The sun has been out and that makes me a happy girl.

My card today is from the set Because I Care. I remember when I first got this set my thoughts were " What am I going to do with this!" my mind was blank at the time but now it has been put into gear and I have come up with a very nice card.

I did use my nestabilities for the scallop rectangle as I could not make one with any of my border punches to fit the size of my stamped image. I used sponge daubers to color the flowers and then took my Marina Mist and Pear Pizzaz markers and shaded some of the flowers in. Then I added some gold shimmer paint from Stampin Up of course to the centres of the flowers. I also used it on the sentiment on the little flowers and dots.

Now here is a tip I am sharing, did you know that you can color your white pearls from Stampin Up with our markers to make them any color you want. Well, that is exactly what I did on my pearls. So cute.

I stamped the image and then used the Stampin Up Texture Plate Backgrounds to emboss the stamped piece then stamped a second flower and colored it as mentioned above.




Here's what I used:

Stamps: Because I Care

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz, Black


Crumb Cake was my card base cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Pear Pizzaz card stock used for the scalloped rectangle
Black rectangle was cut 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 approx.
Whisper White was cut 2 5/8 x 3 3/8 approx.

Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist, Black

Accessories: Pearls, Markers, Crochet Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Demensionals, Mover and Shapers Die.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: