Monday, September 13, 2010

Life Really Is a Matter of Moments

As I sit here waiting to take my grand daughter to the shopping mall I decided to start this post. Now that I am in here she will probably show up. Tee Hee We are going to get our ears pierced today and then she wants a Build A Bear for her Birthday. She told me I have to go first, I guess she wants to see if I scream with pain before she tries it. What she does not realize is that I have previously pierce my ears, yes I pierced them many years ago with a ice cube and a needle. Don't believe I did that, but I did. One of my holes has closed but the other one is fine. I will get them to do both so that they are straight, I know my piercing was not.


Well on to the card. I cased the layout of this card from Theresa Momber, I kept colors similar to hers it was a bit of a challenge as I felt the hearts could have been better but I am determined to work with what I have. I don't know how much longer I will be a demo as I just can't seem to get anyone interested in card making right now.


The first card base is black mounted on to white. I used the a nestabilities to make the black frame sorry I do not know the proper name of it I do not save the cards they come on. On top of that I made a frame of white card stock and then black on to which I attached my hearts. The heart with the design stamped on it is from I {Heart} Hearts. Before I attached the white and black layer I tied the ribbon one then place the other layers on top of the ribbon. Both the sentiment and the hearts were first sponged with Red Rose and then Black. I was a little nervous adding the black but it was fine just don't be to heavy with it.


Well as I predicted she is here and we are off shopping. I can't believe how beautiful she is, just turned 10 and while she only breaks my heart right now the boys in her life better look out.


Here's what I used:

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Elements of Style

Paper: Black, Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White.

Card Base Whisper White cut 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Scraps of WW for Hearts and sentiment

Pink Pirouette cut 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
Pretty in Pink cut 4 x 5 1/4

Black 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 a scrap piece for the die cut

Ink: Black, Pretty In Pink, Red Rose

Accessories: Non SU ribbon, nestabilities, sponges, scallop oval punch, movers and shapers scallop oval die.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Wow I love this. It's beautiful.

Jennifer Southern said...

Peggy this card is beautiful and I love coming to your classes and our stamping group your cards inspire me!