Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday

It has to be someones birthday out there, kind of like it's 5 o'clock somewhere. So Happy Birthday to you.

I made a decision with the coming of the new catalogue that I was not going to purchase to many new stamp sets but try using my current and retired sets more.

Since I still had Fast and Fabulous out I decided to try another card with it. It is a very simple card just stamped some leaves from Refuge and Strength and then added the flower tops that I had colored and cut out. A tip I have for when you cut something out, either take a marker and color the edges or sponge on some color on the edge which is what I did on these flowers. It seems to hide the white edge that we often get when we cut out.

The sentiment is from Water Color Trio and I added Pink Satin ribbon, this bow was much easier to tie than the last one. Ha




Here's what I used:

Stamps: Fast and Fabulous, Refuge and Strength, Watercolor Trio

Paper: Whisper White, Black and Pink Pirouette


Pink Pirouette card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Whisper White for stamped image was 3 1/2 x 4 1/2
Black layer is 3 5/8 x 4 5/8

Ink: Markers, Black, Pretty in Pink

Accessories: Satin Ribbon, sponges, deminsionals.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: