Monday, August 30, 2010

Contempo Christmas 4

Hello Everyone:

Personally, I am glad that summer is coming to an end. I do not know where the time has all gone. It was busy, but apart from a few things I don't know what I was doing. LOL

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine, notice I said "a routine" I am the Queen of procrastination. It is time to plan my classes, get my body back to Curves and all of the other things that we must do in life.

I had a great time at a Scrapbbooking Crop I attended yesterday with my friend Lil. About half way through the crop the lady sitting across the table asked me if I lived on Marjorie Street. Well I did and it turned out she had lived just a few doors down when we were kids. Now I am 60 years young now how she remembered me from way back then I do not know. How cool is that. I also got to see some friends I had not seen in awhile and was sad to hear that one of them had Cancer but is hopefully in remission now. We really must be thankful for our health.

The card I am sharing today is the last one for the Stamp a Stack I am holding on the 18th of September. If you are interested in attending please let me know.

I again used the new embossing folder Northern Flurries on the Cherry Cobbler. I added strips of Old Olive to the DSP. I layered the stamped image on Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler. In the little diamond like shapes on the Christmas tree I put dazzling diamonds as you can see in the close up picture.

To color the tree I used the Stampin Up markers, Old Olive, Yo yo Yellow and Cherry Cobbler.




Hope you have enjoyed these cards. Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the maroon color that you used. I really admire people that can make awesome looking bows as I am so not able to=) I enjoyed going through some of the posts in your blog. Keep up the good work=) Collette

Anonymous said...

I only recently discovered your site. Love the color combination you have been using the last couple day -- I'm going to case for some of my cards this year, so thanks. And I love what you did with the Christmas owls earlier in the month -- what a great saying, and the looks on their faces were priceless. Thanks for the ideas. Keep on blogging. Sandy