Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wedneday Card Class

Yesterday I had my Golden Girls here for their regular Wednesday afternoon stamping class. We had not met all summer and they were so excited to be back. I was just as happy as I have really slacked off this summer.

I had made a decision at the beginning of July to wait to September to get back into a routine and now that September is here I need to do that.

It just occurred to me that in a way we have two new year's one on January 1 and one in September when the kids go back to school. It is my hope that I will be a much better blogger in the coming months so please continue to visit.

The first card the ladies made was using Just Believe from Stampin Up. In case you had not figured it out, I am a Stampin Up demo who would love to be more of business demo so if you need anything from Stampin Up please either email me
gatchell@mts.net or use the online store to place your order.

The card base was Whisper White. I embossed the Early Espresso with the new folder Elegant Lines. It is very elegant and did you know that you can emboss your paper napkins with these folders looks very cool.

I layered the stamp image on Bashful Blue and sponged the edges with Early Espresso. Also stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso and sponged those edges. So simple and elegant.
Recipe:

Ink: Early Expresso

Card Stock: Whisper White, Early Expresso, Bashful Blue

Accessories: Elegant Lines Embossing Folder from Stampin Up

The second card they made was a Christmas Card. I had a sheet of DSP from another source and I wanted to use it up. The snowflake was made from the new Sizzex die Northern Frost. The snowflakes on this die as just gourgeous. I will be using this die alot in the future. The stamped image is the single Stampin Up stamp called Christmas Post. As soon as I saw this I knew I just had to have it. It can be stamped in one color like I did here or it can be colored in for a beautiful look. I will be doing that very soon and will post my card then. So, again my base is Whisper White and then I added an embossed piece of Real Red Card Stock, I used the double slot punch to make the opening for the faux bow.


Recipe:

Ink: Early Expresso

Card Stock: Real Red, Early Expresso, Whisper White

Accessories: Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Double Slot Punch and a non SU embossing Folder.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "Just Believe" card, Peggy. I'm not a Stampin Up demo, so I'm not sure which tool you used to make the beautiful circle scallop. Any help is appreaciated.
Thanks so much
Lynne

Peggy said...

The scallop circle is one of the punches Stampin Up sells. It has many uses besides what I did here.