Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge

Hello Stamping Friends:


I am so glad that I have a hobby that can help me take away all the stress of the day. For the past almost three weeks it is like my home is having a electronic fit. First it was the phones. The battery would die within 20 minutes on all of them. Then ..........


I manage a small cable TV service business and the computer started acting strangely until it finally died. I took it in for repair and it worked again for about a day. It could not have happened at a worse time of year, right before a long weekend when everyone wants their seasonal TVs hooked up.


Well I tried not to panic, said I have a lap top that is not being used I will set that up for now to get me through. I had been backing everything up so that part was not my concern. I spent all day yesterday installing the programs that I needed etc. Worked on that till 11 or so last night. Shut the computer down and went to watch my favourite show.

This morning I bring it out to set up and it won't turn on. There is a light on but nobody answers the on switch. LOL I thought about taking the battery out and putting it back but I was scared I might not get it back properly. My DH took it to town to the local computer guy and that was all he did and of course it now turns on. But wait, the story does not end there, I go to print the payroll and no printer will print, I have 3 of them nota one will print. Time for more coffee.

To end this long story and if you are still with me, I did finally get one of the printers to print and the girls will have their pay checks on time.


On to my share. Amidst all this trouble I picked up the Tuesday sketch from Mercy and made the following card from this sketch.




Here is my card idea from the sketch.


Recipe:

Stamps: Golden Oldies

Ink: Black Stazon, Assorted Stampin Up Markers

Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, DSP from 2009 SAB

Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Modern Label Punch



Peggy Finney

No comments: