Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am Still With the Living

Hi Stamping Friends:

If my typing keeps on going like the last five words I may have to learn how all over again. I can not believe it has been over a month since my last post. My husband and I have been ill for several weeks but I think we are on the mend. For the first time in many many days my head doesn't feel like it is swollen with a balloon inside.

I even did some housework today, I am so blessed to have a husband who doesn't worry about how the house looks all the time. That is not to say it was a total disaster area but dust bunnies to multiply etc. etc.

Anyhow, I have some club meets coming up next week and my dear senior citizen class this week so I had to get busy and come up with some cards for them.

In the process I was reading all the emails that I received this week and one of the topics was on " how do you store your scraps". I was quite interested in this topic as I have tried several different ideas but they all failed me at some point. One lady suggested large ziploc bags in the folder that the main paper was stored in and I thought I would give that a try, I had tried drawers with color families but by the time you sorted through the draw you missed what you were looking for, go figure.

Anyway I did this one afternoon this week and when I was finished I decided that I should try to make a card from the scraps. So I did. Here it is, hope you like it. I got the color combo from a card that I had saved but unfortunately there was no water mark so I can give her color combo credit directly, but thank you.


Outside of card.


Inside of card.

All items used are from Stampin Up

Stamp Sets: Autumn Days, Sincere Salutations
Inks/SU Markers: Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust
Paper: Taken With Teal, Chocolate Chip , Whisper White and DSP Christmas Cocoa
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Dimentionals

Thanks for dropping by, be back soon.

1 comment:

craftystamper said...

I love that stamp set! And it's great that you're using your scraps. I wrote an article for my blog called "The Scrap Pile Yelled at Me" (well, not really, but you know what I mean), and I describe my method of organizing scraps as well as cardstock and designer paper. It's quite early in the blog. Let me know what you think. Hope you get over your cold soon.