Hello Stamping Friends:
Wow the time is sure flying by. I don't know if it is because I am getting older or slower but there is just not enough hours in a day anymore. Seems like by the time I get going the time got up and went.
I was asked to participate in a Craft Fair and I have been working on some items for it. I do not do very much 3-D stuff but I am learning more about it and sure like the finished product although during the process I wonder why am I doing this? I am sure there are some of you out there that can relate. LOL
Well here is my project. It does not appear to be a challenge but when you do not know exactly what you are doing it can be a challenge. But, it is good for one to exercise their brain from time to time.
This is a close up of one of the panel squares.
Here is how I did this, but I am sure there is a simpler way out there.
1. I covered some cereal box cardboard with DSP, let it dry and then cut it out with the Big Shot using the Scalloped Square Sizzex die.
2. I cut a 4 x 4 square from Red DSP sponged the edges and placed it on the Scalloped Square piece.
3. I cut the "H" and "O" out using the Serif Essentials Sizzex dies. I added glue to them and then put Dazzling Diamonds all over them. You could purchase the On Board HOHOHO and make that job so much easier but I did not have them and I wanted to make this NOW.
4. I made my own holly and berries and added it in the corner of each square.
5. I then laid a strip of the Old Olive 1 1/4" ribbon and glued in place each of the squares. I cut three scalloped squares out of Kraft for the backing to cover up the ribbon. I left enough ribbon on the top to fold over so that the bow could be untied and it could be place on something that was like at rod or it could be attached to a wall with a push pin.
Thanks for looking.