Monday, November 9, 2009

New Christmas Colors

Hello Stamping Friends:

I needed to prepare for my stamping class tonight. We always do two cards. I knew one of the cards that I wanted to teach, but I was at a loss for the second one.

I finally figure out what layout and which stamp set I wanted to use and started off with traditional Christmas colors, red and green. The initial idea was fine but then ..... a light bulb went off.

The other day, my daughter and I were in Walmart shopping for some Christmas lights. We came across the Christmas tree ornaments, to my amazement the colors were well wonderful. Earlier in the week we were in the Disney Store and there is a new Barbie theme I think it was something to do with a forest or frogs I don't know but the colors were so rich, kind of a lime green, turquoise, brown, purple and I think some gold and silver.



So I fashioned this card after those colors. I am in love with these colors. I plan on buying some of the ornaments in those colors once I put my tree up next month.



Here is my card, thanks for dropping in.



Here is how I made the card:

1. I used a white card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, scored at 5 1/2"

2. My first layer is a piece of Chocolate Chip cut 4 1/8 x 5 3/8".

3. The next layer is a piece of white card stock cut 4 x 5 1/4" and using Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Bermuda Bay and the snowflake from the Snow Swirled stamp set I randomly stamped the the top half of the card stock.

4. I added a piece of Old Olive DSP to the bottom of the white card stock that I had stamped and then added the Bermuda Bay ribbon to these two piece.

5. I stamped the tree from the set on a piece of white card stock that was 2 5/8 x 3 1/8" in Old Olive and added the fine Cosmo turquoise glitter to the snowflakes on the tree.

6. The tree piece was layered onto a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock and then Chocolate Chip card stock, then this layer was place on the card front.

7. I stamped the Merry Christmas from Season of Joy and punched it out with the Stampin Up large oval punch and layered it on a scalloped oval punch from Stampin Up in Chocolate Chip card stock.

Supplies:

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay

Stamps: Season of Joy, Snow Swirled

Paper: Old Olive DSP, Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, White

Accessories: Bermuda Bay Ribbon, Large Oval SU punch, Scalloped Oval SU Punch, Fine Cosmo Glitter from Stamping Up.





8 comments:

Rachel Bleich said...

LOVE the color combo! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Connie Fossenier said...

Saving this card...I just love it...and how you incorporated the tree with this set..just perfect..
connie paxman

Diane said...

This card is beautiful! Love the way you used the snowflakes for the background.

Cate J said...

This is absolutely stunning and what a great color combincation.

Jennifer Corson said...

Oooo...I LOVE this!!!!! TFS!

Chelsea M said...

I love everything about this card - the colors, the stamps, the layout. You hit a homerun with this one!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

FABULOUS color combo! LOVE IT! :-)

Queen of Scraps said...

These colours are beautiful together... will try Marina Mist as a substitute when we can order the new colours at the end os this month. The new catalogue starts 1 September in New Zealand