Monday, October 5, 2009

Cardinal Christmas

Hello Stamping Friends:

What a crazy Sunday. I had my granddaughter stay over so that I could take her to Sunday School. We had a great Saturday evening, even went out for Chinese Food, love Chinese Food.

Well I slept in so we missed Sunday School. Then I made the mistake of getting Kirsten dressed and then giving her yogurt. Yep she spilled it all over her pants, and as Murphy Law goes, there were no more pants around. So off to the washing machine. To make a long story short we missed Church as well. We still have a baby shower to go to wonder if we will make it without any mishaps?

My card today is made from the set Cardinal Christmas. I did something on this card that I do not usually do but I have seen that many are embossing their images then coloring them. I think it helps to stay in the lines. Certainly does make the detailing a little easier. I forgot to use my embossing buddy do I got some little dots on my image. Try to remember to use it, it makes such a difference.

On to the details of the card, I used a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Chocolate Chip card base. In the corner of the card I stamped the accorns from Autumn Days and added some Champayne Shimmer Paint to the edges. I don't think it shows to well in the photo but in real life it is very pretty.

I added a piece of DSP from the Cocoa Christmas collection in the Mini Catalogue, sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip and the left over shimmer paint again it doesn't show much in the picture.

After I colored the cardinal I cut it out with a Nestabilitie die and layered it on Real Red card stock. I put some glitter on the berries to make them pop out a bit more. I used deminsionals on this piece to make it look 3 D.


On the inside of the card, I stamped the leaf branch from the same set in the upper left corner, the sentiment in the centre and then I layered a piece of DSP on Chocolate Chip and put it on the bottom of the white card stock.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: