Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Autumn Days

Hello Stamping Friends:

I actually make this card on Saturday but wanted to spread them out so that I would have some blog posts each day for you.

I wish I could tell stories like some of the other ladies do on their blogs but I am just not a chatter box. In real life I am actually very shy but I can come out to play with stamps and paper almost anytime.

I was looking on line at a old issue of Card Maker I think that is what it was called, any way there was a card layout there that was clean and simple but of course it was stamped with a stamp that I did not own nor did I have any that were close to that size or spread out as much.

I decided that I would make my own floral design to fill the card area. I used the stamp ma jig for placement of all the stems. First I stamped the long stem design in really rust, then I stamped the wheat stem in More Mustard and the stem with the balls in Chocolate Chip. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I added the sentiment from Kind and Caring Thoughts hostess set.

I used a piece of DSP from the Autumn Traditions series paper, scalloped the edges with the SU border punch, sponged the edges and added the Soft Suede ribbon. It was clean and simple and took hardly and time at all.


I really have to learn to take better pictures, sorry for the fuzzy look.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card! Lovely layout. Love the little bit of d/p on left hand side
Sharon L

Mel O'Donnell said...

Peg, the card is beautiful! You have a great blog! I wish mine looked as professional as yours does!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I think I might have to CASE it! I love the use of the three colors and the foliage as well as the use of the DSP.