Saturday, March 7, 2009

Refuge and Strength

Hello, hope everyone is having a great day. Every day we wake up is a great day. I remember a long time ago when I was in learning about being in business for myself about each new day being an opportunity. Meaning an opportunity to do whatever we wanted to accomplish.
Well my accomplishment for today is this beautiful card.

The card base is Chocolate Chip. I added a piece of DSP from the Sellabration paper pack and a piece from the Close To Cocoa DSP paper pack. I sponged all the edges with Chocolate Chip. Around the middle of these two papers I put the 1” SU stitched ribbon.

I stamped the cross in second generation, how’s that for terminology, in Close to Cocoa then stamped the sentiment over top of the cross. Then I traced an oval around the whole stamped image and tried to stamp the little branches around it. Didn’t do too badly, just a couple are kind of going the wrong direction but all in all I felt it was ok. Then I sponged the edge with Chocolate Chip. I layered this piece onto a scalloped oval of Always Artichoke.

I felt the card still needed something so I added the Little Leaves in Always Artichoke and Sarah Sand. Personally I think smaller leaves would have looked nicer but I am trying to use as much Stampin Up products as possible.

There one more card for this sampler set I will show it tomorrow. Thanks for looking in on me and I enjoy reading your comments if you have any for me. I don’t mind any ideas for improvement.

1 comment:

Allison Keller said...

I love your series of Inspirational cards. They're very nice. I like your diversity using the same stamp set. Very, very nice work. :)