Friday, March 6, 2009

Strength and Refuge

Hello again, this card uses paper from Parisian Breeze Speciality DSP. This paper is textured and more of a card stock weight. All the papers in this set are very beautiful and I really had a hard time to cut into it I just wanted to save it forever. But I am trying to not hoard all the nice new stuff.

So, I used Chocolate Chip as my card base. I was asked what size I use for my card base and it is always 4 ¼ by 5 ½” . I just change up the orientation of the base sometimes. My next layer was the striped paper from the Parisian Breeze which I sponged with Chocolate Chip ink.

I added a corner embellishment made with SU’s corner punch out of Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip. I sponged the edge of the Baja Breeze with Chocolate Chip.

I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and the leaves with Baja Breeze and layered it on Chocolate Chip, used the corner ticket punch for the corners.

I stamped the cross with Close to Cocoa, cut it out and used my scissors ( sorry, I have to tell you a funny story that will relate to the other days boo boo; when I was a young girl many, many moons ago, my Mom had left me a note, she said,” leave the sizzers on the table and I will put it in for you.” Well I thought about it and thought about it until I realized she meant “zipper”, so you see I come by my spelling and grammar honestly.) too rough up the edges a little then I sponged it with Chocolate Chip ink for depth.

I cut out our exclusive SU Little Leaves die and tucked it behind and in front of the cross. Adhered the cross to the layered sentiment and I was done.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

No comments: