Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our First Design Team Challenge

Hi everyone -- I've been waiting to send along my new cards today until the Late Night Stampers Convention Design Team (of which I am a member) issued their first Sunday Challenge. Our challenge, should you accept it, is to "Punch Your Way to a 1-2-3 Card". You can use unlimited punches but you must only use 1 stamp set, 2 embellishments and 3 colors! It's not as easy as it first seems. Here's a couple of my cards to share today and I will have more as the week goes on. The challenge is good for the entire week so play along with us!

This card is the last card I made believe or not. It was actually the easiest for this challenge, once you got the hang of it, it was a little easier. One problem was, you could only use one stamp set so there was no sentiment with this stamp set "Holiday Line-up" therefore no sentiment. I ayer two of the Top Notes white and Bashful Blue. The two embellishments were the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and the two brads I used on one of the Snowmen. I used the same markers to color (Night of Navy & Bashful Blue) to color the image.

The second card I made used the stamp set that is a Hostess Level 3, Happiness Always. I used two of the new in colors. The Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss. Love that Kiwi Kiss. As you can see I had a sentiment in this set and I used the new large oval punch to punch it out. My two embellishments were the ribbon and the brad that attached to sentiment to the ribbon.


This card was actually the first one I made. It is a pouch type card. I used the stamp set "Season of Joy". It gave me lots of options. So my colors here were Chocolate Chip, White, and Green. Used several punches scallop circle, 1 1/4 " circle and the tab punch. Stamped the swirls in Whisper White ink and the sentiment and swirls on the inside of the card with Chocolate Chip. I was really pleased with this card. That's when the light went on and I realized that it was not such a hard challenge after all. The two embellishments were the ribbon and The Brad in the centre of the snowflake on the scallop punch. I also used the new Die cut from Stampin Up call "Top Note" for the piece of designer paper on the outside of the card.

No comments: