Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kirsten's Birthday

Hi Stampers:

I am getting ready to leave for Edmonton, it's my grand daughter Kirsten birthday this weekend. She doesn't know I am coming. I hope to meet her at school at the end of the day and surprise her. She will be eight and I only get to see my family occassionally thru the year. I wish we could see each other more often but everyone is busy with their lives and it is two provinces away. This picture is from last year but I love it so much. In this picture she is still growing her hair back. In February of last year she had long blonde hair. She voluntarily shaved her head for cancer victims. They use the hair to make wigs. I was so proud of her to do such a thing. My daughter and son in law also shave their heads to support her. I remember when we were in a park playing some boys came up to were she was playing and asked her why she had no hair. She just smiled and said something like " I shaved it so some one could have hair because they have cancer and I am healthy". She always wants to be in a skirt or dress but that does not stop her from doing anything from catching bugs to climbing trees.





I was packing the supplies to make a card that my daughter wanted to make for her sister in law when I realized oh my gosh, I haven't make Kirsten a birthday card yet. You know my mind went blank. Then panic set in, she is not a little girl any more meaning princesses are in the past now. It is Hanna Montana who ever she is! Well I do not have anything that closely resembles this person so this is what I came up with. The first picture is the outside of the card and the second is the inside of the card. I first learned of this technique at convention. Isn't it cool?





I used the retired set Hedgehog Happiness for the front of the card and used scraps for the layers. I watercolored the image. On the inside I punched three large circles and made the spirals then attached the bugs they are from Garden Whimsy. Kirsten loves bugs. Yuk............ thanks for looking.





1 comment: