Monday, August 1, 2011

Field Flowers Take One

Who knew, that such a beautiful stamp set could be such a challenge. Now don't get worried that it is hard to use, not at all just a little bit of a learning curve. LOL

I have a new type of stamp club starting next month and the way this one is going to work is like this. They will pick a stamp set for all of them to order. I will come up with a few designs, color combinations and techniques for the set. They will pick what accessories they want to make up their commitment dollars but everything will be there when they come for the class to take home. This is the first stamp set they chose. Cool Huh.

Well I was using the front page of the catalogue for my inspiration, and but was not completely liking what I was coming up with. However, after a few tries with different colors I settled on this one. It also helps when you go in your scrap bag and find a card all ready embossed etc.

It took several attempts to get the centre part to where I like it so I am going to share how I did that in the end. I used Sarah Sand for the lighter color and Early Espresso for the darker image. I also found from trial and error to stamp the Sarah Sand first then the Early Espresso for best results. At first I was trying Crumb Cake and it just did not look right for me but I was happy with the Sarah Sand and Early Espresso.

Another thing to keep in mind is where you stamp your flower. I just stamped my flower, then when I went to stamp my green stem part it was way out of line so I just improvised for this card but will stamp my greenery first next time so that I get it perfect. See what I mean about trial and error. LOL



I used the Elizabeth stamp as they did on the Catalogue stamped with Night of Navy, I also happened to have the birthday sentiment already sitting on my desk so I just used it. I also used the script from French Foliage and the splotches as I just love that look. You could also use the French Script background stamp and it would also look awesome. In my quest to use up all my stuff, I found this cute dragon fly and added it as afterthought. However, it is non Stampin Up.





Stamps: Field Flowers, French Foliage, Elizabeth

Paper: Sarah Sand, Night of Navy, White

Ink: Sarah Sand, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso

Accessories: Sponge Dauber, Stampmajig, Non SU Brad

2 comments:

Big Mama's Blog said...

This card is so beautiful! Nice use of color and composition!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Your club ladies are going to LOVE this card!! Beautiful!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #28 with a link back to your blog on 8-7-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com