Monday, July 11, 2011

French Foilage Birthday

Well I had my fourth Saturday at the Farmers Market and I really expected it to slow down for me. After all most folks go to these things for the fresh vegetables etc. There are a couple of gals selling Epicore products but again food related. So I really did think things would slow down for me but to my pleasant surprise NOPE I am still fairing well with my cards and retired stamp sets.

The only problem I have right now is keeping up with making cards, when you have other obligations it is not so easy to producing lots of cards. So I had to get some help by viewing SC for some ideas to get me going.

I had regretted not purchasing French Foliage when it was in the mini and then a gal on SC was selling hers so I purchased it and was very happy to see that it is is the Big Catalogue for 2011-2012.

I was inspired by a card on SC for my card today, I did change it up a bit by using different colors. I have most of my current stamp pad colors in boxes for my Card Buffet on Friday so I was pushed to use what I had left on my shelves. This can be a good thing, as I kept the colors because I liked them.



I stamped the spots in Basic Brown, the words and shadowing in Creamy Carmel the leaves were Cajun Craze, Basic Brown and Purley Pomerate. I had some seam binding from my LSS as well as the fake brads.

Thanks for stopping by.




Stamps: French Foliage, Sincere Salutations

Paper: Cajun Craze. Whisper White

Ink: Cajun Craze, Purely Pomerate, Basic Brown. Creamy Carmel

Accessories: Non SU Stick on brads. seam binding ribbon

2 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card Peg! The stamped leaves look real in their detail and the color you chose. I didn't buy the set either but keep looking at it more & more. After seeing your card, I may just break down and add it to my too many stamps.

Good that you can sell your retired sets at the Farmers' Market. I pass all mine on to my daughter and grandchildren so I know they have a good home and I can borrow if I'd like to use them again.

Have a great summer!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card!