Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sail Away

Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday.

When the summer mini came out and it had a sailing theme I was very happy. I live in a resort community with a huge lake (Lake Winnipeg). I thought I would have some potential to sell some cards made up with the sailing theme.

So I am working on some more cards for the Farmers Market and I make up a couple like this one.



It is such an easy card to mass produce. My first layer is Marnia Mist, followed by a Whisper White layer that I ran through the Big Shot with the Lattice Embossing Folder but I left a blank spot at the bottom to stamp the sentiment.

I added some Marnia Mist ribbon and some bakers twine then added my stamped image which was layered on Marnia Mist. I used the SU Stamp and Write markers to add a few highlights on the water and in the sails. I also put two brads on the side.

Hope you like it. See you soon.



Stamps: Sail Away, A Little Birthday Cheer

Paper: Whisper White, Marnia Mist

Ink: Black, Stamp and Write Markers

Accessories: Brads, ribbon, bakers twine.

2 comments:

Butterfly Kisses said...

I love the sailboat with the marina mist:) following from SC!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Love this in the blue! So many of the sailing cards have been in browns (which I love) but the Marina Mist looks bright and refreshing:)