Monday, March 7, 2011

Countryside - Birthday Card

I had a great weekend, if you do not count catching a cold and flu from my husband.

I was in need of a masculine card for the stamp a stack I am hoping to hold before the end of the month. While I was checking out Stampin Connection I found a weekly challenge to give me some inspiration for masculine card.



My card base is Night of Navy, followed by a piece of Blueberry Crisp DSP 4 x 5 1/4. The sketch had two pieces of the top note so I used Night of Navy again but I ran it through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder then cut it in half and place one on each side of the DSP.

I stamped the truck image from the stamp set and cut it out with my Nestability die and layered it on a piece of Crumb Cake also cut out with a Nestability.

I stamped the birthday sentiment from Watercolor Trio and punched it out the the large oval punch from SU and layered it on a Crumb Cake piece that had also been embossed with the Lattice embossing folder and then punch out with the SU punch correct name eludes me at the moment.

Very simple but elegant card that would be great for Father's Day as well.

Here's what I used:


Stamps:  Countryside, Watercolor Trio


Paper:  Blueberry Crisp DSP, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White


Ink: Black


Accessories: Top Note Die from SU, punches from SU

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so drooling over this card!! Absolutely love everything about it!
TFS!