Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awash With Flowers

Happy St. Patricks day to you all. I am Irish so hence my stubbornness as my husband would say but I am also part Icelandic so I get a double dose of stubbornness. Hah

I have had the Awash With Flowers set for some time now and I decided that it was time to try it out. My photo does not do the card justice it is really quite pretty in real life. I added some glitter and shimmer paint to the flowers but I am unsure about how I like that but it is there now, .... so, it stays. LOL



I decided to cut out the flowers and pop then up with a dimensionals thought it would give them some definition. The sentiment is from Whimsical Words punched out with the extra large oval punch. I used a sponge dauber with Red Rose then Chocolate Chip on the oval and added some 1/4 " grosgrain ribbon.

The patterned DSP is retired but you could easily swap it out with Chocolate Chip card stock and emboss it with one of our great embossing folders.

Here's what I used:


Stamps:  Awash With Flowers, Whimsical Words


Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, retired DSP


Ink: Red Rose, Pretty In Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait


Accessories: Ribbon, glitter, Shimmer Paint

No comments: