Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My card for today is again for another SUDSOL challenge this was a Sketch Challenge.

Sometimes a simple card like the sketch is actually harder for me because there are not many layers. 


I have really been wanting to use my stamp sets more often than I do so instead of going for the newer ones. I went after some of the older ones.  This time I found Flower Fancy at first I was not sure what I was going to do but I was going to use this set some way, shape or form.,

I started with the branch stamp and by masking my first stamped image I was able to add a second one which made the branch look longer I was please with that. I colored it with the stamp pads and a blender pen. This method works very well as long as you are light handed and you can add alot of different colors if you stay light handed. The flowers have three shades of blue Bashful Blue was first, Marnia Mist and then Night of Navy and this was on Whisper White and I had no pilling at all. I colored the centre with Daffodil Delight and added Dazzling Diamonds. The stamped image was layered on Marnia Mist.




I randomly stamped the large flower from the set and used the second step stamp with the help of the stamp-ma-jig then ran it through the big shot with the Lattice embossing folder. Looks spectacular in real life if I do say so. This embossing folder is supercalifrigistic good.

Enough rambling bye for now and thanks for looking.

Here's what I used:


Stamps: Flower Fancy


Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist


Ink: Black Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue and Night of Navy


Accessories: Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Lattice Embossing Folder, Blender Pen

No comments: