Saturday, February 19, 2011

Charming Hum...................

I can not believe it is snowing again. We/I have had enough already. I just get everything cleared up and it comes again.

I created my card today from the Stamping 411 sketch.


I added a background to my card with a retired background stamp stamped in Versa Mark. (Riot of Petals)



I took a look at the color coach and River Rock was a color that they had matched up with Rose Red and then I added the black for a sharp contrast. I tore away the stitched edge on the stamped image part and then matted it with a black piece.

eta: I just felt it need something more so I added the butterflies.

Thanks for Stopping By.

Here's what I used:


Stamps: Riot of Petals (retired), Charming


Paper:  Rose Red, River Rock, Black, Whisper White


Ink: River Rock, Versa Mark, Black


Accessories: Dotted Scallop Edge Punch from Stampin Up, MS Punch

6 comments:

gbarron56 said...

Oh Peg, I'm so sorry you're getting more snow. It's beautiful here today but I hear we might get it again on Monday! Just know that spring is coming! Great job with your card and this week's sketch. I love that you only used half the top note and the way you placed the ribbon is really quite striking. The butterflies were the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Kerin said...

I love your rich colors and the black really makes it pop!! Sorry to hear about the snow, I hear we'll be seeing more of the white stuff on Monday too...BOOOO!!!

Patti Chesky said...

I love how River Rock acts like a chameleon. It looks a bit different when paired with different colors. This card is stunning!

P.S. We're forecasted to get 10-15 inches of snow over teh next 36 hours.....ugh!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love the top note cut in half. Why didn't I think of that. Stay in and stay warm....think spring!!

Selene Kempton said...

I dont use this set nearly enough, and you have inspired me here for sure! I love your awesome color sense.. .Thank you so much for playing with stamping411 this week. :D

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and stiking!! Love love the colors!!