Friday, October 2, 2009

New Stamp Set

Hello Stampers:

Well the weather here sure has turned cool. The leaves are all turning various shades of gold and rust. I love all the colors of fall, I just don't like the cold temperatures. Many homes here already have their heat on. I am a die hart and refuse to turn it on just yet.

I have been busy in my stamp room cleaning up and reorganizing things. I was finding that I was unable to find some items that I knew I had but I had so carefully tucked them away that I could not find them. I am such a hoarder when it comes to DSP, and embellishments. I buy all the DSP and then I don't want to use it cause it is so nice etc.

Anyway, today I received an new stamp set called Serene Snowflakes. It is such a beautiful set. I had been eyeing it up for some time in the Holiday Mini and I finally caved in and ordered it.

My white card base is 4 1/2" square. The first layers was a piece of Real Red cardstock that is 4 1/8" square. I applied two strips that had been punched with the lacy border punch one in white and one in Real Red. The embossed white piece is approximatel 3 1/2" square before I punched the lacy border. I applied some dazzling diamonds to the snowflakes with Crystal Effects. I stamped the snowflake in Real Red and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and layered it on a Scallop Circle of Real Red. The ribbon is also from the Holiday Mini.

2 comments:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

very pretty card Peggy!

Cate J said...

Love this! The layered eyelet border looks wonderful.