Thursday, March 26, 2009

Botanical Blooms, Friendly Words

Hello, I wanted to practice some two step stamping and this card is what was a result of it. I had already mounted my stamps but of course they did not line up.
I have been using my new best friend tool, Mr. Stamp Ma Jig a lot recently and he came to my rescue once again. I needed to remove the rubber image from the stamp and reposition it. For those who do not know how to do this here are the instructions. Place your stamp in the microwave for about 7 seconds. The rubber will come off easily and you can reposition it.
Once I got them repositioned better I used the stamp ma jig to position the second stamp image over the first and it came out perfectly. This is a great tool, it is on page 189 of the catalogue the item number is #101049 the cost is $14.95.
I used the new wheel called Friendly Words to create the design paper on the vertical layered piece. The Chocolate Chip strip was stamped with the leaves from the Botanical Blooms stamp Sellabration set, then I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
The flower was stamped three times in Black and 2nd step was Red Riding Hood. I cut the second and third flower out and layered one on top of the other. The leaves were 2nd stamped with Always Artichoke.
I wheeled the wheel on some white card stock and cut out the sentiment that I liked. I sponged and distressed the edges . I added the double oval as an embellishment. I used the flower centre from Close As a Memory stamp set for the three distress looking circles above the sentiment.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Peggy, this card is so simply stunning and elegant! Love the colors, layout and embellishments!

Liz Goldhawk said...

This is a beautiful card... love all the layering!