Monday, October 27, 2008

My Weekend of Creativity

Hi Stampers. I spent the weekend creating, well at least part of it. After typing all of this I realized that I used my stamp sets very well this weekend. I mixed and match all over the place. I also noted that I used alot of different punches. If you need more details on any of these just email me. Also if you attend some of my classes you just may find yourself making some of these cards.

I used the So Swirley Stamping Up wheel on Kiwi Kiss then took my white pen and did some outlining and dotting on the pattern. I used the Big Shot Top Note die on the White card stock stamped the Baroque Motif with Season's Greetings then added the Pointsetta's from Spotlight on Christmas.

I used Red Riding Hood Red for my base. Wheeled Whimsy on Old Olive. I used the new Baroque wheel on Close to Cocoa and layered that with White card stock that had been punched with the new scallop border punch. I cut apart a scallop circle and glued it to the Old Olive 1 3/4 circle dotted the edge of the circle with a brown marker. Then I stamped the deer from Winter Post and punched it out, sponged the edges and glued it to the Old Olive circle. I stamped the postage stamp from the same set twice once on Red Riding Hood Red and once on white and used the 1" and 1/2" punches to punch out the different sizes. Also punched out the Photo Corner with the photo corner punch and added the brads.


This card is 8 x 8 folded at 4". Used Riding Hood Red for card base. A piece of white card stock was cuttlebug embossed for texture. I stamped the images from Winter Post and layered them with Riding Hood Red added the ribbon. I put some Dazzling Diamonds just in the centre of the snow flakes and under the deer to give it a snowy feeling.

Again I used Winter Post images, can you tell I like this set? I used River Rock for my card base. Unfortunately it is a retired color but it went so well with Bravo Burgandy. I first stamped the white snowflakes on Bravo Burgandy then ran it thru the crimper. I used the Merry Christmas stamp from the Cruvey Label Punch Bundle and stamped it twice cut out the Merry Christmas and popped it up with dimensionals. The Skaters were stamped in Bravo Burgandy as well and the edges were also sponged. Added a brad from the designer series brads.


This is my favourite one from the weekend. I stamped the pointsettas from Spotlight on Christmas both in Real Red and Always Artichoke. Cut apart the Always Artichoke to make leaves. I had this branch punch so I punched out some branches to look like evergreen branches and layers them all together. I used a sentiment from All Holidays


My husband said I needed to do a Birthday card so I made this one. I used designer series paper in Bashful Blue and coordinating card stock. I stamped the Upsy Daisy stamp and birthday greeting from the same stamp set Upsy Daisy. I used the watercolor brush (Aqua Painter) and the stamp pad to lightly trace Bashful Blue around the Chocolate Chip stamped image. I used the nestablilites cutting system to make the circle and scalloped circle. I also added some dazzling diamonds to the flower tips.

Last but not least is one of my two challenge cards that I made for Challenge #7. I found this challenge very challenging in respect to the rectangle that had to be on the right hand side. The stamp set used in the first one is Wishing you Cheer, I stamped the snowmen twice. Used the snowflakes from the same set in the background. This was layer with Designer Series paper in Night of Navy. I wheeled the Snow wheel on the Night of Navy background. The Snowflake is from the Big Shot dies and it was layered with the scallop circle punch. I used one of the stamps from Christmas Classics on the rectangle which was punched out with the Tag punch.


This is the other challenge card. I used the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. The card stock and ink colors are Really Rust, Creamy Carmel and Chocolate Chip. I stamped the sentiment from the Hostess gift level one set Best yet. Punched it out with the new large oval punch and layered it on the 1 3/4" circle I added dots to the edge and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. I made the border with one of the stamps from Essence of Life. The rectangle was stamped with the bloom stamp from Bloomin Beautiful.











No comments: