Monday, August 22, 2011

Calypso Coral Meets French Foliage

Hello, my Blog Friends, hope everyone had a great weekend. We sure are enjoying our weather these days although there is still alot of concern for the fall winds that may threaten our lake shores. But for now we are good, dry and happy.

I had put a card very if not exactly like the one I showed on SCS and I was overwhelmed with the hits on it. So I thought I would try another out of my box combination. One thing I promised myself or made a goal to do was to use my stamp sets more and more often by trying things that are not what most of us would do so hence the color combo's.

I ran my first layer of Black through the Lattice Embossing folder only 3/4 's of the way. I then added my DSP which had added a piece of Calypso Coral that had been punched with the ScallopTrim Border Punch.


The stamped images where stamped in Calypso Coral, Alway Artichoke (rock and roll) and Basic Grey. I stamped the sentiment in Black and sponged basic grey on it while it was still in my nestabilites die. Then I added this whole piece to my Whisper White card base.



Stamps: French Foliage, Whimsical Words (retired)

Paper: Black, Whisper White, DSP (Retired Night and Day)

Ink: Calypso Coral, Basic Grey, Always Artichoke

Accessories: Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Punch, Nestabilities die

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

love this combo! great card!