Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Monday

I hope everyone had a great Canada Day weekend, and for my American friends Happy 4th of July. The weather here was absolutely wonderful. I participated in the local farmers market again this weekend and there were many new visitors as well as some repeat visitors.

I sold lots of cards and some of my retired stamp sets and was very pleased with my sales for the day.

While perusing Stampin Connection the other day, I came across a card that really inspired me to create this card. I did go back to find the original stamper went through all 24 pages but could not find the card. So if it looks familiar to you please take it as a compliment.

I changed my card up a bit by only having ribbon on the top. I also sprintzed water on the sponging to give it a mottled look, and I used my Stamp and Write markers to give the flower some more dimension.


In the photo below you can see were I added the marker to the flower layers.


In the following photo you can see the mottling, I also did this card in each of the new in colors the mottling looks best on the Indigo and Luck Limeade but I have not assembled those cards yet and I wanted to have a post for you today. I will post one of them in the next day or so. Then you will be better able to see the mottling.

 

Thanks for looking and have a great week.




Stamps: Fabulous Florets

Paper: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White

Ink: Pool Party

Accessories: Stamp and Write Marker Pool Party, Tulip Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Patti said...

Very pretty card. Love your color choice and the mottled look.

Sara said...

I love this card! So beautiful!
How do you run your booth at the farmers market? Do you have it as a Stampin' Up! booth or selling your handmade cards only? I'd like to put in a booth as well but I'm not sure how to run it!

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is exquisite!

Peggy said...

Sara, I have my cards for sale, but I also have my catalogues, class sign up sheets etc. I wanted to get some exposure and I seem to be getting that but so far no bites for a workshop.