Monday, September 20, 2010

Autumn Leaves

Driving down the highway today to church one could not help noticing how all the trees are changing colors. As much as I like Spring you really can not beat the great colors God make our autumn season. There are so many shades of yellow, gold, orange, rust, green and brown. And, they all go together so nicely.

I just a moment of a past memory, when I was much younger, my ex husbands grandmother taught me how to crochet. The rage then, was granny square afghans. My favourite colors for making these were yes, .... gold, green, brown and orange. They looked so lovely together.

My card today is a case from Lyn Pratt, although she used a current stamp set, French Foliage I do not have it and I am trying to not purchase to many stamp sets until I start getting more customers. So I decided to use Autumn Leaf Prints which while in theory look similar after making this card I can see that they are not.


I embossed my leaves with Gold Embossing Powder and colored them in with the aqua painter and the stamp pad. I tried using the smooch spritz again and I had a little better luck with it this time. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Here's what I used:

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints (retired)

Paper: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango scrap piece of DSP

Ink: Tangerine Tango, Garden Green, Always Artichoke

Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Photo Corner Punch, Aqua Painter, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz





Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: