Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Masculine Card for Stamp a Stack

This is the other card I am thinking of using for the stamp a stack, it is also from the set called Lovely As A Tree. I was using some retired paper to design this card but when I do the actually stamp a stack I will not use retired colors.

When I am designing, that sounds like I am so professional .... NOT I always try to use up retired or scraps and then make my final card from current products. Just because the products are retired doesn't mean they are no good. Right!

I used my aqua painter and stamp pads to color the tree and the leafy branches. I used several colors to get the fall look. I also sponged some Bashful Blue for a sky look on the top of the stamped image and some Certainly Celery on the bottom of it.



Here's what I used:

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Paper: Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White

Blue Bayou card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Blue Bayou rectangle 4 1/2 x 2
Blue Bayou square 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
Whisper White square is 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
Whisper White scrap for sentiment
DSP 1 3/4 x 4 Autumn Meadows
Chocolate Chip embossed layered is 4 x 5 1/4
Chocolate Chip scrap for Modern Label Movers and Shapers die

Ink: Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip


Accessories: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, sponges.

2 comments:

angieh29 said...

Great manly card! The way you colored the tree for fall is gorgeous! Hope you stamp a stack goes well! I am angieh29 from splitcoast! :)

Sara said...

Beautiful! I've been thinking about pulling out Lovely as a Tree again - thanks for the fresh approach!