Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello Stamping Friends:

First I want to say thank you to all of you that visit my neglected blog of late. I have been busy trying to play catch up with many aspects of my life. Nothing serious but when you leave things for so long it just takes that much longer to catch up.

I am happy to say that I have finally caught up, just in time to start the New Year. I want to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy New Year one filled with good times and things going your way.

I really want to work much harder on my Stampin Up business this year and would like to thank all of my customers and friends that have supported me in the past year. I could not have done it without you.

Now that Christmas has past and it was probably one of the best I have had in a long time, it's time to move into other card making tasks.

I have a Valentines card for you today, I wanted it to be more masculine than feminine and I think that I accomplished that. It is all Stampin Up products except for the heart punched border as I have not received the new one from Stampin Up as yet. I used stamps from three different stamp sets to complete this card.

Here is how I made this card:

1. My card base is white 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.

2. Chocolate Chip card stock cut 4 x 5 1/4.

3. I punch a piece of scrap white with the heart border punch from MS. It was about 1" wide when I started and cut it at 4". I layered it onto a piece of Real Red card stock that I had used the new wheel " I {love} Love from the latest mini that starts in January. Sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip.

4. I wrapped Chocolate Chip satin ribbon also new in the mini around the Real Red card stock and then adhered this to the card front.

5. I took the heart from the stamp set "A Happy Heart" stamped it in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and used clear embossing powder to emboss it with. I also stamped the three hearts from "Love You Much" stamp set and embossed them in the same way and punched them out. I layered all the hearts on the top of the card front.

6. I stamped the sentiment from "No One Like You" stamped it on white card stock and punch it out with the Modern Label Punch and then layered it on Real Red that was punch out with the Modern Label Movers and Shakers piece.

Recipe:

Stamps: A Happy Heart, Love You Much, No One Like You, I {Love} Love Stampin Up Wheel

Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip Craft Ink

Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Modern Label Punch, Modern Label Movers and Shakers die, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon.

1 comment:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card. TFS.

Happy New Year.