Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am Back

Hi Stamping Friends,

I can't believe where summer has gone. One day it was July the next it was September. Kinda like the weather. We are finally having summer here in Manitoba.
I have had so much fun with my grandkids since they moved here. I have also been busy fixing up my class stamping space.

I have not been doing much stamping till today, Beate Johns shared a card today and I fell in love with the lacy flower she had on her card. She had used a Nestabilitie die cut plate but I do not have that and thought I could improvise by using the Lacy Border SU punch. I punched a 1 1/4" by 11" piece of white card stock, then I put it through the crimper so that I could shape it into a circle. I punched a 1 3/4" circle out of some scraps to adhere this lacy circle to. The card itself is a Gate Fold card.



This is the inside of the card.



Recipe:

Stamp Set: Good Friend
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, White, and To The Nines DSP

Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon (retired)









5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors. The idea of using the crimper and cutting the circle is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Cate J said...

Good to "see" you back and I'm glad you are enjoying having your grandchildren close by.

This card is wonderful and I love the idea of the flower. Nicely done.

Susan Timmerman said...

You know...as many cards as I have made over the years I have NEVER made a gate fold card! Your's is beautiful Peggy!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I absolutey love this card!!

LeAnne said...

Very cool technique! I love this!