Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom

Hi Stampers and Scrapbookers:



Yesterday was Mother's Day and I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful day. I suspect, that a lot of you, also have lost your Mom's as well. I lost mine in 1999, ten years ago. I seems like yesterday. I miss her very much.


My Mom was not into cards and sentimental things as such. But today I was sitting in church and like I image, most church services all over the world, the message was on Mothers. I was starting at the Power Point image on the screen and had this special feeling come over me. The picture on the screen had this scroll/swirly think going on and I came home and decided that since I could not give my Mom a card that I would do a memory page for her.


My Mom was a beautiful lady both inside and out and while we did not always agree we always agreed to disagree. She was a very caring women. She was in the army at a young age 18 I believe. The picture I used, is of her just before she enlisted. Isn't she beautiful. Ok before the tears start let me tell you what I did. Thanks for listening so far.


This is a 8 x 8 scrapbook page. I have decided as a personal choice that my future scrapbooks are going to be this size. One of the reasons I have opted for this is that I prefer one or two pictures to a page only. The 8 x 8 piece is Blush Blossom. I inked the Baroque Motif with Chocolate Chip Craft ink and stamped it twice. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Now you might ask how did I position these motifs. Well thank goodness for the stamp ma jig it made it so easy. Then I took the leave branch stamp from Great Friend found in the Occasions Mini and again using the stamp ma jig positioned them where I wanted them trying to make them look like an extension of the motif. I also embossed them with the clear embossing powder.

I stamped the Rose, and the two smaller flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral set and the flowers from Embrace Life and used that same watercoloring technique to color them. Positioned them in the corner over the motifs.

I added my Mom's picture and layered it with a Chocolate Chip frame using my Nestabilities. Then I stamped the sentiment Three Little Words and I miss you underneath her picture. I put the dates of her life and cut that out with another Nestability. I made the little rose out of ribbon and tied it thru the openings on the tag. This was a labour of love but she deserves it. Love you Mom.


22 comments:

Kristy Lounder said...

What a great page! I love how you added the branch as an extension!

Debbie said...

What a great Mother's Day project! I'm sure your mom would've loved it. I lost my dad in 1999, so maybe this will give me an idea on what to do as a tribute to him for Father's Day. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this page. I can't wait to case this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Claudia Perry said...

I had already loved that page, but when I read who you've used the branch from the "Great Friend" Set, WOW what a great idea! That just made it extra awesome. LOVE it!

Kate Cecil said...

A lovely tribute to your mom, she was very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Peggy, this is beautiful! Your Mom would have been so proud of you.
You are an extraodinary person and I hope YOU had a wonderful Mother's Day

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page!! I love the way you incoporated the watercolored flowers with the baroque motifs set.

Marilyn SanClemente

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a beautiful page!! I lvoe the way you combined the watercolored flowers with baroque motifs! I love this page!

Marilyn SanClemente

A Touch of SOL said...

What a Beautiful woman and page. May you continue to find comfort in God and your dedication scrapbook of your mom...

Buffy said...

Peg, this is a beautiful page! And what an awesome tribute to your mom.

Nicole said...

I bet she is loving it where she is right now! What a wonderful way to remember your mom! NOW, just promise me you won't put it in a scrapbook, but frame it in one of those 12 x 12 frames at BigLots or Wmart!!

EValeen said...

Great page! This would've have made your Mother sentimental I am sure. And very proud! TFS!

Jenna Cotton said...

I love the branches you created and the watercolor roses, it all just flows beautifully. This is such a gorgeous memory page of your mom.

Lorita said...

Peg,
What a beautiful page and beautiful tribute to your mother. I am sure that she would be proud. Thank you for sharing
Lorita

Susan said...

LOVE the page you made in tribute to you Mom Peggy!

Teresa Brooks said...

Wow....that is a beautiful page. I also lost my mother in '99 and she was still relatively young. I miss her so much too.

Kelly said...

Peg,
What an amazing way to honor your mom. This was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow! you did it again Peggy, what a touching tribute to your Mom. Mother's day is bitter sweet for us Moms who have lost our Mom. What a great way to remember her. Another page idea for me to lift. Thanks Carol

Cate J said...

This is really lovely and your mom was indeed beautiful.

Rachel Bleich said...

Peg this is absolutely beautiful! What a beautiful page in honor of such a special woman! I might have to CASE some of the elements.

Laura said...

Beautiful page. Lovely tribute to your Mom.

Carole Jordan said...

What a beautiful page and tribute to your Mother! Lovely!!