Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yesterday I attended a scrapbooking crop at a neighbouring town called Scrapagandza. We were there for 7:30 am because we wanted to get good seats. It was very cold but well worth the wait. It was good to see old friends that I have seen many times at this event.

I wanted to be completely organized for this crop, as like most scrapbookers who attend these all day events. It was important to me not to take my entire stamp/scrap room with me so I took all week preparing pages making sure I had the ribbon, the pieces cut etc. I tried to make sure that I had everything I needed and a second project just in case I was so organized that I would be finished with time left over. Well I did accomplish assembling my pages. Got out my big shot to start to make the embellishments that I wanted to put on the pages only to discover that I had not packed any card stock or scraps to do this with. What a BUMMER. I refused to purchase any card stock that may have been available as I have so many scraps that would have been perfect for what I wanted.

While at the crop I had several ladies come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed my blog and how much they look forward to seeing my new cards and projects. I was blown away, I did not realize I had such a following. Thank you ladies. I also had alot of compliments on my almost complete pages and I will share them with you once I get the embellishments on them.

So for all my slacking off this last week I am posting three pictures.

This first card is for the Late Night Stampers Challenge which is due by tonight, nothing like waiting to the last minute. LOL I used the swirl from the Baroque Motifs stamp set, stamped in Black. I stamped the outline flowers from the Sellabration set Botanical Blooms, watercolored them and cut them out. Oh, that was the other compliment I got, I was told I was the watercolor queen of the Interlake, Image that! I then randomly placed them on the swirl. I added crystal effects to the flowers and a little bit of dazzling diamonds glitter. Sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel and layered it on a piece of Kiwi Kiss followed by Night of Navy.


The next two cards are ones that I will be teaching tomorrow at the Matlock Rec Centre. The Flight of the Butterfly is a 6 1/4 by 3 1/4 card. I used Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Always Artichoke card stock, the DSP is also Always Artichoke and Pumpkin Pie. The ribbon is Saffron Yellow. I punch the little flowers from the three flower Stampin Up punch and used the 1/8 punch for the centers. This size card fits perfectly in the small envelopes that you can purchase almost anywhere.

The second card that we will be doing is from a retired set called Live Your Dream. I will never sell this set. It is one of my favourites. For this card I used Basic Grey as my base layer followed by Bashful Blue and second layer of the same colors going horizontally across and added three silver brads. The third layer uses Basic Grey, Bashful Blue and White. I stamped the image on the white using the Stampin Up markers. Colored the flower part again and stamped the flowers on a scrap piece of white and cut them out. I positioned them on top of the first image with a dimensional.
Thank you to all of you who take a interest in my blog, I am so blessed to have you visit my blog I will try harder to keep it up. Thanks again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Peg,
These are all so pretty, your work is just beautiful and no wonder you have a blog following!! Glad you had so much fun at your crop and IT IS SO HARD to remember everything, in fact I think it's impossible! LOL Can't wait to see your pages.
Diane

Deb Lenox Leesburg, Virginia said...

Love the crystal effects on the flowers, that was so lovely....
thanks for sharing..
Deb

Mel O'Donnell said...

You are such an inspiration, Peg! I'm so glad I met you through SCS and Group Seven!

I wanna be you when I grow up as a SU demo gal!!

Laura said...

Great job. All 3 are just too pretty. I can't wait to see your pages when completed.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your work is amazing!! I love all three of these cards!!

EValeen said...

Of course you have a following. Your work is beautiful! I'm so glad I found your site through B7 Bloggers!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Lovely color combinations! You've got so many great ideas!

Unknown said...

I adore the first card with the Crystal Effects! Just gorgeous & what a great color combo! Thanks for following me! I'm now following you too! ;)