Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pun Fun - Jenica

My husbands daughter and son in law had been anxiously awaiting to adopt a baby. I think at times they had lost their hope but this month they got their miracle. They were hoping and praying for baby and that the baby would be a girl. Well their wish came true and now they have a beautiful baby girl called Jenica. We are also awaiting the arrival of another little girl who must be in no hurry to come into the world as she should have been here by now.

Well my card today is for the first little girl, Jenica. There is a shower for her this Sunday so I thought I might as well do my card for today in her honour.

The base card is Regal Rose and the DSP is from Candy Canes Designer Series paper. I colored the Hippo three times and layered them one on top of the other. I used a 1" strip of DSP and layered it on white card stock, I also made a layer of DSP 3 7/8 by 3 7/8" and layered it on white card stock. I attached these to a piece of scrap Regal Rose and tied the ribbons around this layer.

I stamped the sentiment from warm words and punch it out with the oval punch and used the new scalloped oval punch underneath it.

Thanks for looking and any comments you may have. I like to read them.

3 comments:

Lois said...

How exciting for all of you!! Welcome baby Jenica!!

Precious card too - one of my favorite stamp sets!!

Thanks for sharing.

Lois H.

Unknown said...

Ok, rather than commenting each and EVERY one of your posts I'm just gonna' tell you that I LOVE everything on your blog!! Thank you for all the inspiration! You are awesome!
Lorraine
PS...WELCOME LITTLE ANGEL JENICA!!

Christyne said...

OMGosh! That is just the cutest thing! TFS.